Monday 14 January 2013

Embarking on another trial

Well, I do not yet have reasons from my last trial and I am about to commence yet another trial, which is scheduled to start tomorrow morning.  

It is always interesting on the night before the start of any trial.  Mentally, I am tying off loose ends.  Making sure that I have learned lessens from past experience and executed on that knowledge.  Making sure that I am leaving as little as possible to chance.  Given that this weekend trial preparation coincided with NFL play off games, I cannot help but think that it must be how the head coach of a football team feels before a game.

Personally, I like to pay a lot of attention to my game plan.  However, just like a football game is played on the field, a trial occurs in a courtroom and it is a venue where unexpected things can occur.

When I was in my early 20s, I recall an older friend of my reciting to me:

Luck is simply preparation meeting opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.